Skip to main content

Day 170: Pondering Zombies

Today my stats are the same as last week, except for a gain of one pound.

Aaack!

 But I am not overly concerned because I know last week was a slug week.

Me, the slug. Hardly any significant exercise.

But I am sore from my gym workout yesterday, which means I did some good work! And I am back to the gym today. I also am feeling my energy rise. I've been sleeping a lot lately.  Hopefully I will find balance sometime during my life.  Usually it's all peaks and valleys.

Looking out my window, the sky is overcast. I see splotches of blue and some puffy white clouds. A bit of drizzle.  Sun is trying to make an appearance.  I'm feeling really good. 

Today my kids all have the day off. I like Mondays. I make them a big breakfast and we visit a bit before I head out to teach. This morning they are watching the episode of "The Walking Dead" that they missed. I can't watch that show. Gives me nightmares.  I am back in my room blogging. I hear gasps and groans, and "That is so sick!" followed by laughter from the other room.

When I was cleaning up after breakfast, everytime I would glance at the television, it would be the goriest moment. Trying to clear that vision from my head. When did our world become so obsessed with zombies?

I wonder if all of the real violence and stress in this world created a need for this kind of escapism. It is so far fetched, but it still deals with primal fear. Hmmm....Food for thought.  Aack.  But not the kind of food zombies eat!

Happy Monday!
Today's Stats: October 26, 2015 
BP: 106/76
Pulse: 77
Weight: 189 lbs.
Neck: 14"
Chest: 43" 
Waist: 37"
Hips: 45
Thighs: 22
Biceps: 13"
Calves: 15"
Ankles: 9" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Three, Day 134: The Charmed Life of a Commuting Grandma

I just discovered that the Starbucks at Cascades Station stays open until 10:00 p.m. every night.

Just when I was wanting to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Being a commuting grandma really is not that difficult. Actually, my life pretty much rocks right now!

Today has been a very good day. And I had maybe 3 hours of solid sleep last night. The Burrito has decided she likes to sleep cuddled in the arms of her Great Grandma Blanche or Grandma Zita during the day. Or snuggled safe in her infant seat while her mom, grandma and great grandma go out to lunch, do laundry and go shopping.

I warned my daughter that the
Baby Burrito needed some awake time yesterday. Or else we would pay for it in the evening. But getting so much done with a snoozing baby in tow was so freeing. Especially since Baby Burrito's dad is elk hunting all weekend.

We finally roused her for a bath, diaper change and piano lesson early afternoon.

Baby Burrito had a fantastic first piano lesson. At…

Year Two, Day 288: I Found a Place!

This is truly amazing.

God is so good.

All the time!

I posted on Facebook my housing plight yesterday afternoon. And so many of my wonderful friends had helpful suggestions. Several offers for roommates came in.  But most of them so far from my work.

Then, I was heading home after teaching and just felt the need to sit and think.  Of course sitting and thinking go so much better with a cheeseburger on a rice cake, and what do you know...there I was getting off the bus in from of a McDonald's!

So I ordered a quarter pounder with cheese, ditched the bun and plopped it down between two rice cakes (I always carry emergency rice cakes in my bags these days).

I opened up Facebook and found a message from the pastor at my church job. She and her family have a room in their basement that they have been wanting to rent. But they were hesitant to put up an ad. They preferred knowing the person.

And here I am!  This is a blessing in so many ways! I will help them by paying rent and being a p…

Year Three, Day 156: Thank God for COPD and 120 Days of Daily Hooping

10:00 a.m.

Today has been a very good day so far.

I am here at my daughter and son-in-law's church.


I have Baby Gracie duty. It is a pleasure! I had not seen her in four days. Such a difference those days made! I arrived at their trailer before church. I went straight to her crib and said,"Hi Gracie, your grandma is here!"

I scooped her up and noticed her looking intently up at my face. Like she was studying me. I continued talking to her and her face lit up with recognition!

My heart leapt for joy!

I danced with her around the living room, softly singing our theme song ("The Bunny Hop"). When I got to the "hop, hop, hop" part she would grin.




Earlier, I took the Max to Cascades Station. Had a cup of Earl Grey tea and a gluten free breakfast sandwich at Starbucks. It was such a beautiful morning. Clear, crisp and chilly. Sun shining brightly.

I love this time of year!  I did cough quite a bit last night. The Prednisone has taken the edge off, but does …