Skip to main content

Day 173: An Altered Schedule and an Emergency Rice Cake!

I made it to the gym again today.  Very proud of myself.  I worked back and biceps and a bit of elliptical.  I didn't get a chance to do any crunches, plank or stretching because I was heading out to teach some students. I am on a break right now, at the library. I have one more student before I stop at the grocery store and then head home.

I plan on doing some yoga with some soft background music when I get home.

I didn't pack any food today.  I really regret that.  I woke up and hit the floor running. My schedule has been altered this week. I don't mind that so much, but it has thrown me off. Today I had a morning rehearsal of the Honeybee musical I am accompanying at one of the grade schools.  Several of my students cancelled their lessons this week because of school carnivals.

I'm ok with change. But I really missed having a meal in my backpack. I did however, have the foresight to pack 2 rice cakes. I actually did have a rice cake emergency! I had planned on going home for lunch, but ended up sitting over tea and finishing yet another Stephen White Novel (Dry Ice) after rehearsal.  So I was crunched for time. I stopped for a quick cheeseburger on rice cake, salad and unsweetened tea at Burger Kind after my workout.

I am probably going to have to grab another small  meal before I head home.  It's ok. Once in awhile. But tomorrow, my lunch bag goes into my backpack!!

I am still have jaw pain, neck stiffness and overall tension. I think I will definitely have to schedule a massage tomorrow.

But now, I must run off to teach a student.

Happy Thursday! :)


Popular posts from this blog

Year Three, Day 134: The Charmed Life of a Commuting Grandma

I just discovered that the Starbucks at Cascades Station stays open until 10:00 p.m. every night.

Just when I was wanting to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Being a commuting grandma really is not that difficult. Actually, my life pretty much rocks right now!

Today has been a very good day. And I had maybe 3 hours of solid sleep last night. The Burrito has decided she likes to sleep cuddled in the arms of her Great Grandma Blanche or Grandma Zita during the day. Or snuggled safe in her infant seat while her mom, grandma and great grandma go out to lunch, do laundry and go shopping.

I warned my daughter that the
Baby Burrito needed some awake time yesterday. Or else we would pay for it in the evening. But getting so much done with a snoozing baby in tow was so freeing. Especially since Baby Burrito's dad is elk hunting all weekend.

We finally roused her for a bath, diaper change and piano lesson early afternoon.

Baby Burrito had a fantastic first piano lesson. At…

Year Three, Day 236: Memories of Food

Well, I ALMOST got on the treadmill today!

I planned on it. I actually had a very productive morning. I woke up super early, but it was cold and I knew I would be exhausted if I actually got vertical at 4:47 a.m. So I stayed in bed and checked emails, and played a few games of Words with Friends.

I drifted off again, and finally got out of bed at 9:30.  I did my prayer, journaling, bible study and reading from my Joyce Meyer Book. (The Mind Connection). I have only one more chapter to read and I am finished with the book! At which point, I plan on going back to the beginning and rereading the whole thing. It is that good!

I did my morning hoop. It was a crisp, cold morning, but no wind. I had a good workout. Then I practiced a bit of piano and did some piano lesson planning for my students.

I had planned on grabbing a quick lunch and then hopping on the Max to the gym where I would hop on the treadmill, hop in the jacuzzi and then grab a quick shower before my students.

The bus that g…

Year Three, Day 261: The Belligerent Man, The Bus Driver, and the Woman in a Poncho

I just had a most entertaining bus ride!

I had just gotten of the Max at the Hollywood Transit Center. I was coming down the steps, when I saw the #75 to Milwaukie entering the parking lot. That was my transfer bus!  I didn't want to miss it, because at this time of day, it might be a 20 minute wait until the next one.

I had just come from a lovely sushi lunch with  my daughter and Baby Gracie at Cascades Station.

The plan was for me to teach my piano students and then return to Vancouver tonight. My daughter has much work to do at home and we all know that working at home with a 5 month old baby is a bit of an oxymoron!

Anyway, I hurried down the stairs, being very mindful. The steps were slippery in the Portland drizzle. Slipping and falling would kind of put a cramp in my day.

I slowed down when I noticed there was a long line of passengers waiting to board. At the end of the line was an older, distinguished looking gentleman.  He was wearing a long overcoat and hat.  He nodded…