Skip to main content

Year Three: Day 82: The Gates of Hell





Today is the day that the gates of hell opens up. Sorry. Most dramatic am I! I am not one to usually complain, especially about the weather. I have bragged about how I ENJOY the rain. But 106+ degrees. In Portland?  

NOT SO MUCH!!

But we will survive!


It was already 67 degrees and the sun blazing at 7:00 a.m. when I crawled out of bed to let Squire the Dog out. He's been drinking water by the buckets! Usually he likes to play outside for a bit. But this morning, he did his business and then came right back in.

I grabbed my hoop and headed to my favorite tree before it got even hotter.  I coughed and wheezed a lot last night. But this morning, I am not taking my antihistamine. I am not using my nose spray. I am not even drinking tea with ginger.

Because today, after my office job, I am heading to the doctor's office. I want proof of my suffering!

It seems like most often, when I go to the doctor, just BEING in the office cures whatever ails me. Then I feel like a big moron trying to convince them I am sick.

But today, with this oppressive heat and the congestion in my lungs, I have a good chance of winning this argument.

Not that I want to be sick. I want to rule out anything serious: COPD, emphysema, lung cancer, etc.  And if it is something non life threatening like a sinus infection, or walking pneumonia, I would like antibiotis so I can get on with my life and my getting fit regimen!!

I have a few more home remedies for stuffy SHNOZ and wheezy cough.  One of my friends from the 10-Day Grain Detox group (Book by the same name by Dr. William Davis) recommending a bowl of steamy hot water with oregano oil. Cover my head with towel and inhale the steam. Oregano apparently has anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties. Another friend recommended a Neti Pot (Actually more than one friend recommended it!). And another friend or two recommended saline nose spray.

Guess I'm not the only one with shnoz problems!

I actually had a very good hoop workout this morning. I am gradually going to lengthen my workouts. I was doing only about 5 minutes each morning, because of lack of time. But with the heat, I am popping up earlier to catch the cool breeze. So I did over 8 minutes this morning. I would like to do 15 min of hooping every morning. I added the music later. I chose Tchaikowksy's "1812 Overture". It always amuses me to see how some of hooping gestures seem to go with the music. As if I choreographed it!

And even more amusing, when the crow caw's in the background, it is in rhythm. Most of the time!



In addition to my daily walking. And then if I get cleared from the doctor, I would really like to get back to weight lifting at the gym! I can see some sagging in the muscles.  Not happy to see that!

But first, to clear my head and lungs.

I slept pretty well last night.  Better than usual. And when I popped up at 1:00 a.m., I drank some water and said my prayers. That is a good remedy!

So on that note, I wish you a happy Wednesday. And if you live in the Pacific Northwest, take is slow and easy. Drink plenty of fluids. And stay cool!


Talk to you tomorrow.

Love,

Zita


Comments

  1. Hi Zita, it's Cindy Buckle. I just wanted you to know I am still reading your blog but not through Facebook. I have removed myself from Facebook for the time being. I am so happy you are having good results with going grain free. You look mahvelous dahling! Hope your sinus problems get resolved soon. Keep up the good work and I'll keep reading. Is your phone number still one that ends in 73? I would love to stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy! Nice to hear from you! I occasionally unplug from social media too. It does tend to take over one's life! I would love to stay in touch in with you. I have a new phone number. You can email me at: pianoteacherpdx@yahoo.com and we can exchange numbers! I hope you and your family are well and surviving this heat wave! Peace and much love,
      Zita ❤

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Year Three, Day 134: The Charmed Life of a Commuting Grandma

I just discovered that the Starbucks at Cascades Station stays open until 10:00 p.m. every night.

Just when I was wanting to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Being a commuting grandma really is not that difficult. Actually, my life pretty much rocks right now!

Today has been a very good day. And I had maybe 3 hours of solid sleep last night. The Burrito has decided she likes to sleep cuddled in the arms of her Great Grandma Blanche or Grandma Zita during the day. Or snuggled safe in her infant seat while her mom, grandma and great grandma go out to lunch, do laundry and go shopping.

I warned my daughter that the
Baby Burrito needed some awake time yesterday. Or else we would pay for it in the evening. But getting so much done with a snoozing baby in tow was so freeing. Especially since Baby Burrito's dad is elk hunting all weekend.

We finally roused her for a bath, diaper change and piano lesson early afternoon.

Baby Burrito had a fantastic first piano lesson. At…

Year Three, Day 201: I Prayed and Prayed

My head is reeling.  I am also sleep deprived. I was up all night reading comments from concerned citizens about the alleged abduction of the three year-old Mariah Kay Woods in North Carolina.  Heartbreaking. I prayed and prayed.

Then, some time after midnight I got a text from my son's girlfriend. He has an unusual bruise on his head. His pupils are both the same size. He doesn't remember honking his head. No headache. Just weird bruise. She texted me a picture. Told them to call if he had any other strange developments.

I prayed and prayed.

Tossed and turned. Read about North Korea preparing to fire a missile at us. Prayed and prayed. Coughed a bit too. See, I think my cough is anxiety related!

Then, finally drifted off to sleep.

Only to be woken up at 6;30 a.m. to a text from my mom:

"They fired Matt Lauer"!


NOOOO!  I wanted to scream. I flipped on th me television. Just in time to catch Savannah and Hoda give the tearful announcement. Both visibly shaken. Me too…

Year Two, Day 288: I Found a Place!

This is truly amazing.

God is so good.

All the time!

I posted on Facebook my housing plight yesterday afternoon. And so many of my wonderful friends had helpful suggestions. Several offers for roommates came in.  But most of them so far from my work.

Then, I was heading home after teaching and just felt the need to sit and think.  Of course sitting and thinking go so much better with a cheeseburger on a rice cake, and what do you know...there I was getting off the bus in from of a McDonald's!

So I ordered a quarter pounder with cheese, ditched the bun and plopped it down between two rice cakes (I always carry emergency rice cakes in my bags these days).

I opened up Facebook and found a message from the pastor at my church job. She and her family have a room in their basement that they have been wanting to rent. But they were hesitant to put up an ad. They preferred knowing the person.

And here I am!  This is a blessing in so many ways! I will help them by paying rent and being a p…