Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 88: The Way of the Ninja Turtle

I do not like whiners and complainers. And here I am complaining about complainers!

It reminds me of the Israelites complaining to Moses as they wandered 40 years in the desert.

I have not yet started Joshua.  Where he finally leads Israel into the Promised Land.  I need to.

My day started out really rocky. Some issues and complaints at work. I let myself get defensive and feel sensitive, and made a really stupidly embarrassing mistake.

Then I started making excuses for myself.

Then I stopped. Because yesterday I had such a wonderful day. Especially lunch with my pregnant daughter. We were planning our schedule for when the baby arrives. It's quite complicated since it turns out I am not going to be able to afford a car.

But I did some research and discovered, there is a way to get to Vancouver on public transit early in the morning! Max doesn't run until 7 a.m. from Clackamas, but the #71 runs at 4:40 a.m.!  If I ever get up that early, I could transfer at the Parkrose Station to the Parkrose Express, which runs over the I-205 bridge. Then, one more Vancouver bus to see my daughter and grandbaby!

Better still, Tri-Met and C-Tran fares are interchangeable. So I would not have to pay anymore! It would take about 1 1/5 hours to get there, but so early in the morning, it would be a breeze. I am used to public transit. I have my knitting, my Kindle, my God to talk to.

At lunch we were laughing about some of life's annoyances.  We shared some of the difficult people encounters. I told my daughter I had a bit of a revelation this week. When people hurt me, get on my nerves or are just plain mean, I tell myself:  "That person was mean. I will pray for them"

And instant lightening of heart! Success!

I've been praying a lot lately.

But what do I do, when I am that person? Sigh. I guess I just pray for forgiveness.

Not a perfect species, are we!

I need an afternoon at the gym. I've been pet sitting, worried about them in the heat. So I've been coming directly home after teaching instead of my time at the gym.

On a more positive note, the lunch I packed hit the spot! Most healthy, grain free and very low carb!

I made tuna salad and rolled it up in a nori sheet (you know, the outer packaging of sushi!). I put a few pieces of fresh fruit on the side. Tasty! :)

My morning hoop sessions are still going well. Today is Day 54.  I woke up late, so just did a short session on the deck. With Squire the Dog keeping watch.

My cough is almost gone. But then again, so is my Prednisone!  I have two more refills, but I'm afraid that these steroids might do more harm than good in the long run.  They make me a little cranky.

A little off today, I am! It's days like this that really test a person's integrity and spirit.

I feel like a turtle. Crawling back into that shell sounds really good right about now!

I am going to practice what I preach today. I am just going to keep doing my best with my work and obligations. Then I am going to sit down with my Bible and pray.

And have faith that all will work out.

And then I will go and WORKOUT!

Turtles may hide in their shells, but Ninja Turtles kick butt!

I prefer the way of the Ninja Turtle, thank you!

That's a good note to end on, no?

Happy Tuesday!

Talk to you tomorrow.


Zita the Ninja Turtle :)


Popular posts from this blog

Year Three, Day 134: The Charmed Life of a Commuting Grandma

I just discovered that the Starbucks at Cascades Station stays open until 10:00 p.m. every night.

Just when I was wanting to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Being a commuting grandma really is not that difficult. Actually, my life pretty much rocks right now!

Today has been a very good day. And I had maybe 3 hours of solid sleep last night. The Burrito has decided she likes to sleep cuddled in the arms of her Great Grandma Blanche or Grandma Zita during the day. Or snuggled safe in her infant seat while her mom, grandma and great grandma go out to lunch, do laundry and go shopping.

I warned my daughter that the
Baby Burrito needed some awake time yesterday. Or else we would pay for it in the evening. But getting so much done with a snoozing baby in tow was so freeing. Especially since Baby Burrito's dad is elk hunting all weekend.

We finally roused her for a bath, diaper change and piano lesson early afternoon.

Baby Burrito had a fantastic first piano lesson. At…

Year Three, Day 236: Memories of Food

Well, I ALMOST got on the treadmill today!

I planned on it. I actually had a very productive morning. I woke up super early, but it was cold and I knew I would be exhausted if I actually got vertical at 4:47 a.m. So I stayed in bed and checked emails, and played a few games of Words with Friends.

I drifted off again, and finally got out of bed at 9:30.  I did my prayer, journaling, bible study and reading from my Joyce Meyer Book. (The Mind Connection). I have only one more chapter to read and I am finished with the book! At which point, I plan on going back to the beginning and rereading the whole thing. It is that good!

I did my morning hoop. It was a crisp, cold morning, but no wind. I had a good workout. Then I practiced a bit of piano and did some piano lesson planning for my students.

I had planned on grabbing a quick lunch and then hopping on the Max to the gym where I would hop on the treadmill, hop in the jacuzzi and then grab a quick shower before my students.

The bus that g…

Year Three, Day 261: The Belligerent Man, The Bus Driver, and the Woman in a Poncho

I just had a most entertaining bus ride!

I had just gotten of the Max at the Hollywood Transit Center. I was coming down the steps, when I saw the #75 to Milwaukie entering the parking lot. That was my transfer bus!  I didn't want to miss it, because at this time of day, it might be a 20 minute wait until the next one.

I had just come from a lovely sushi lunch with  my daughter and Baby Gracie at Cascades Station.

The plan was for me to teach my piano students and then return to Vancouver tonight. My daughter has much work to do at home and we all know that working at home with a 5 month old baby is a bit of an oxymoron!

Anyway, I hurried down the stairs, being very mindful. The steps were slippery in the Portland drizzle. Slipping and falling would kind of put a cramp in my day.

I slowed down when I noticed there was a long line of passengers waiting to board. At the end of the line was an older, distinguished looking gentleman.  He was wearing a long overcoat and hat.  He nodded…