Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 94: Music Therapy, Two Different Eyeballs and a Pina Colada Smoothie!

Today is Day 60 of my daily hooping adventure.

Two whole months! And I do not intend to stop! It is what gets me out of bed in the morning!

And believe me, it was difficult getting out of bed this morning!

I popped up wide awake at 1:30 a.m. And against my better judgment reached for my phone. And opened Facebook.

Arrggg....so much anger, hostility, violence, drama!

I want to be involved. I want to pray and help where I can. But the internet is like a tornado of whirling garbage.

I finally put down my phone and tossed and turned. Turned and tossed.

So, most cranky was I this morning!  But I grabbed my hoop, slipped on my sneakers and headed to the track. And just the act of carrying on revived me. A bit.

I did a rather short hoop session, so that I would not be late for my office job. I plan on heading to the gym today before lunch with my daughter.

My roommate is home. So Squire the dog is in good hands. I spent much time with him over the past two weeks, especially in the midst of the heat wave.  I was worried about that guy.  He drank copious amounts of water and seemed distressed. I think he was having seperation anxiety.  He seemed much happier this morning.  And now I can get back to my normal routine.

I need much strength training.

I've also felt the renewed call to start running.  Yesterday I walked to the grocery store in the early evening. The buses do not run on our street on the weekend, so I usually stop at the store before doing the 3/4 mile walk home.  But I got home early yesterday.

I had a new smoothie recipe I wanted to try, from my Wheat Belly 30 Minute or Less Cookbook, by Dr. William Davis.  It has crushed pineapple, unsweetened coconut flakes, and kefir in it. It calls for a bit of Stevia sweetener. I had bought some Stevia for some chocolate fat bombs I made last week. I am not fond of the taste of Stevia. But Stevia is one of the "compliant" sweeteners on this eating plan.  Alas, it is too sweet for me. Especially now that I have effectively cut almost all added sugar from my diet. So my plan was to try the smoothie unsweetened.

Anyway, I set out for my walk.  Over a mile. It felt good. It was a perfect summer evening. Not too hot. Lovely breeze. As I walked, I thought, "I am ready for the next level."

So this week I am going to do some running with my walking.  Afterall, I live next door to a running track!

Speaking of track, I feel like I need to get back on track. Back to my peaceful center.  Feeling a little off.  Maybe it's the state of this world.  Maybe I need to drink more water.  I also need to get some good piano practice in. I have a church I am playing for (subbing for their regular pianist) at the end of the month. And I am subbing for the pianist of Portland Chamber Group for a small neighborhood concert in North Portland in October.

Plus, with the way the bottom fell out of my summer with students, my bank is depleted. I'm considering doing a concert next month. Raise some money for a car to go visit my grandbaby. Plus, making these performance goals, helps me get on track with my piano practice. It's been sorely neglected lately!

Music therapy is what I need!

On that note, (pun intended), I wish you a happy Monday, free of unnecessary stress and turmoil - really, is it every necessary?

Talk to you tomorrow!


Love and Music!

Zita

Speaking of off, my daughter has pointed out that sometimes my eyes look different.  She wondered if I had a stroke?! lol!
They DO look different!~ Maybe it's when I'm feeling a bit bipolar?  Or is it the trick of light. I"ll ask her at lunch if my eyes look different.  Weird!


P.S. Here is my Day 60 hooping. I have no idea why it came out so dark. But it's kind of cool. It's almost like my hoop and sneakers are glowing!



P.P.S:  The "Pina Colada" smoothie was da bomb!  I used just a tiny squirt of Stevia, because it was lip puckering sour.  Then it was the perfect blend of tartness and a hint of sweet.  My poor distressed tummy was very happy.  I made another one this morning!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Two, Day 288: I Found a Place!

This is truly amazing.

God is so good.

All the time!

I posted on Facebook my housing plight yesterday afternoon. And so many of my wonderful friends had helpful suggestions. Several offers for roommates came in.  But most of them so far from my work.

Then, I was heading home after teaching and just felt the need to sit and think.  Of course sitting and thinking go so much better with a cheeseburger on a rice cake, and what do you know...there I was getting off the bus in from of a McDonald's!

So I ordered a quarter pounder with cheese, ditched the bun and plopped it down between two rice cakes (I always carry emergency rice cakes in my bags these days).

I opened up Facebook and found a message from the pastor at my church job. She and her family have a room in their basement that they have been wanting to rent. But they were hesitant to put up an ad. They preferred knowing the person.

And here I am!  This is a blessing in so many ways! I will help them by paying rent and being a p…

Year Three, Day 83: Prednisone, Grumpy Doc and the Pentateuch!

I barely hacked at all last night.
Probably due to the Prednisone my doctor prescribed me. I was hoping I'd get a new doctor this time around at the clinic that accepts my Oregon Health Plan coverage. But there he was. Grumpy Doc.
But my appointment was pleasant. I greeted him and asked him how he was. He lightened up and even smiled during our visit. I wonder if he has a rough life.  It turns out we have the same "virus". Yes virus. I do not have a bacterial infection. My stats show me as a very healthy woman!  
BP: 100/70, Pulse 79, temp 96.7, Weight 182 lbs. (My weight loss has stalled. After I did the 10-Day Grain Detox, I weakened and ate a few meals with much rice.  I have SOOO missed rice. But since then, I've gained two pounds, so today I'm going back to no grains.  For the time being.  I think I will allow a bit of rice now and then, but I still am looking at 40 more pounds that I'd like to drop. So must be strong!)
Anyway...
I told Grumpy Doc I hav…

Year Two, Day 305: The Secret is Out!

I will never get used to losing an hour of sleep. But got of bed and headed to church did I.

And ironically, I took this photo. At the crossroads!  I was so tired, I did not realize there was a crosswalk in the background until just now.




After church today, I stopped for lunch.  Opened up Facebook. And lo and behold my daughter and son-in-law have announced their pregnancy!

I admit, I have known for a few weeks.

And I have been bursting with the news! She made me promise not to post on Facebook or blog about my first grandbaby until she and her husband felt ready to announce it to the world.

I am so happy!

Nothing like a new life to fill you with hope!

It was funny how she broke the news to me.

About 2 weeks ago, I get a text message.  She had sent me an ultrasound picture with the following message: "Honey Dog would like you to know that she is going to be a big sister."

I immediately texted her back:

"Honey Dog is pregnant?"

Then I stopped in my tracks. Just stood …