Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 96: Reuniting with My Old Friend

I am playing my piano again. It feels good. Like reuniting with an old friend.

I am feeling the need to re-prioritize.  Fall is just around the corner. New grandbaby on the way!

And a solar eclipse is threatening to disrupt our lives.  I spoke with a lovely lady from the church where I work in the office weekday mornings.  She said she and her husband have gotten eclipse fever. Especially since she just realized she will not be around for the next eclipse of this magnitude, 39 years from now.

I probably won't either. Unless I plan on living until I'm 94!  I guess I'd be o.k. with that. As long as I don't outlive my loved ones. And I can still hula hoop, walk and play my piano!

But what really affected my perception, was the realization that my granddaughter will be 39 at the next eclipse!

Life is so short. I told my friend from church that we will probably be in heaven. Watching the next eclipse with Jesus.

I like that.

I had a nice hoop session this morning. By my favorite tree. But as usual, I feel like I need to work this bod harder. So, after my piano students this afternoon, I am heading straight to the gym for some strength training!

Besides Dr. Davis, another doctor I follow online is Dr. Hyman.  He posted an idea for making a salad bar that you keep in your fridge at home. I have done something similar in the past. Cut up veggies and put them in separate little tupperware containers. Grab and assemble a salad in the morning.  And this is perfect timing. My life is about to get very busy. I will not have much time for food prep or cooking. But I do not want to be at the mercy of restaurant eating.

I like how Dr. Hyman lays it out in his post.  Always nice to have a visual reminder!

Here is the link to Dr. Hyman's Super Salad Bar post:

http://drhyman.com/blog/2017/08/15/dr-hymans-super-salad-bar/?mc_cid=56bf84d7c9&mc_eid=c7423901dd

As usual, I have more thoughts, but not enough time to put them into writing.  They will keep until tomorrow. I"ll talk to you then...

Happy Wednesday!

Peace and Love,

Zita


p.s. Here is today's hooping video. Day 62 of daily hooping!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Four, Day 247: What Happened in Vegas...

  Expectations can be brutal. Especially when reality dashes them against the rocky shores of our souls. How's that for an opening line? I was so excited about my recent trip to Las Vegas.  I haven't travelled anywhere in so long. I do believe I have been bit by the travel bug.  I want the freedom to go places I have never been, see things I have never seen and experience life as a stellar adventure! My kids are young adults with families of their own.  I have my role as Zma, as Teacher Zita. But I am on a quest to find Zita. She's hidden someone deep inside. Covered in layers. Like an onion. I like the onion analogy. Notice the outermost layer of an onion - dry  and papery. As you peel off layers, the inside is juicy and sweet. I have paid my dues of sacrifice, shame and self deprivation.  What I want now is to embrace the life I have remaining. Have you seen the life pie chart? I don't know where I read this, but it stuck with me.  Draw a circle.  And then divide it i