Skip to main content

Day 200: Blogging is My Buoy

I am sitting here looking at this number with a big grin on my face.

200 days.

Me.  Sticking with a program for 200 days!

I am actually glad I did not do my stats on Monday, my very bad, no good, miserable day.

Because today is a landmark day.  I can compare my stats today with where I began 200 days ago.

I feel really good about my progress, but most of all my new found discipline.  But I have by no means "arrived".  200 is just a number.

I don't have any idea how far I will take this.  I mean if I reach my ideal weight of 140 pounds will I then stop planning my meals? I think not!

I do know that I need to keep exercise as a top priority.

And my brain work is exhilerating!

I have so much more growing to do. I don't plan on ever being "done".

So for now, this is an open-ended blog.  I will keep sharing my life online, for whoever wants to read.

It has become my buoy.  Those times when I feel I might sink in despair, worry, and self hatred, this blog keeps me afloat.

Here are todays stats:

November 25, 2015
BP: 118/91
Pulse: 89
Weight: 187 lbs.
Neck: 14"
Chest: 42" 
Waist: 37"
Hips: 44"
Thighs: 21.5"
Biceps: 13"
Calves: 15"
Ankles: 9"

May 26, 2015

Weight: 203
Neck: 15"
Chest: 47"
Waist: 41
Hips: 48
Thighs: 23" R, 22.5" L
Biceps: 14" R, 13.5" L

My BP continues to look good. My pulse is rather high this morning, but I think I am worried about going out in the ice. I'm going to 8 a.m. Mass this morning. My son told me there was ice on his car and to watch my step. An injury would really put a cramp in my workouts!

So...47 more pounds to go to reach my goal weight!  I've lost an average of about 2 pounds a month. At the rate I'm going, it will take another 2 years to hit 140. I"m ok with that. Maybe.  No, I think I would like to step it up a bit.  More exercise. Keep watching the portions. We'll see what happens.

But I am pleased with the inches lost! This is progress!

Here's to another 200 days!

Happy Wednesday! :)   


Popular posts from this blog

Year Three, Day 134: The Charmed Life of a Commuting Grandma

I just discovered that the Starbucks at Cascades Station stays open until 10:00 p.m. every night.

Just when I was wanting to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Being a commuting grandma really is not that difficult. Actually, my life pretty much rocks right now!

Today has been a very good day. And I had maybe 3 hours of solid sleep last night. The Burrito has decided she likes to sleep cuddled in the arms of her Great Grandma Blanche or Grandma Zita during the day. Or snuggled safe in her infant seat while her mom, grandma and great grandma go out to lunch, do laundry and go shopping.

I warned my daughter that the
Baby Burrito needed some awake time yesterday. Or else we would pay for it in the evening. But getting so much done with a snoozing baby in tow was so freeing. Especially since Baby Burrito's dad is elk hunting all weekend.

We finally roused her for a bath, diaper change and piano lesson early afternoon.

Baby Burrito had a fantastic first piano lesson. At…

Year Three, Day 236: Memories of Food

Well, I ALMOST got on the treadmill today!

I planned on it. I actually had a very productive morning. I woke up super early, but it was cold and I knew I would be exhausted if I actually got vertical at 4:47 a.m. So I stayed in bed and checked emails, and played a few games of Words with Friends.

I drifted off again, and finally got out of bed at 9:30.  I did my prayer, journaling, bible study and reading from my Joyce Meyer Book. (The Mind Connection). I have only one more chapter to read and I am finished with the book! At which point, I plan on going back to the beginning and rereading the whole thing. It is that good!

I did my morning hoop. It was a crisp, cold morning, but no wind. I had a good workout. Then I practiced a bit of piano and did some piano lesson planning for my students.

I had planned on grabbing a quick lunch and then hopping on the Max to the gym where I would hop on the treadmill, hop in the jacuzzi and then grab a quick shower before my students.

The bus that g…

Year Three, Day 261: The Belligerent Man, The Bus Driver, and the Woman in a Poncho

I just had a most entertaining bus ride!

I had just gotten of the Max at the Hollywood Transit Center. I was coming down the steps, when I saw the #75 to Milwaukie entering the parking lot. That was my transfer bus!  I didn't want to miss it, because at this time of day, it might be a 20 minute wait until the next one.

I had just come from a lovely sushi lunch with  my daughter and Baby Gracie at Cascades Station.

The plan was for me to teach my piano students and then return to Vancouver tonight. My daughter has much work to do at home and we all know that working at home with a 5 month old baby is a bit of an oxymoron!

Anyway, I hurried down the stairs, being very mindful. The steps were slippery in the Portland drizzle. Slipping and falling would kind of put a cramp in my day.

I slowed down when I noticed there was a long line of passengers waiting to board. At the end of the line was an older, distinguished looking gentleman.  He was wearing a long overcoat and hat.  He nodded…