Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 38: HHP Day 4 - Walk Like a Marine!



First of all, I am going to toot my own horn.

I did 500 consecutive rotations on my hoop this morning!

And I've learned to turn in a circle!

Progress is sweet!

I can't believe I am saying this out loud, but I am starting to like my body. Curves and all!



NOTE:  My daily hoop videos do not show my complete workout. In my humble opinion, that would be MOST BORING!

So I am RECORDING just 35 rotations everyday. The reason for my daily hoop videos is part of my experiment. To show that daily hooping, increasing everyday if possible will bring results. I am most determined to be rid of this belly!!!!


Speaking of which, I had a revelation on my  morning walk.

YES! I actually got up and did a brisk morning walk. In the SUNSHINE!

To get my cup of hot bitterness.  This morning I was extra brave. I switched to dark roast. (I usually drink the more mild, "breakfast blend")

Still no sugar. I quite enjoy my black coffee now!


I am feeling better today. After the sourdough toast incident.

On my walk to coffee, I put in my headphones. I often listen to the news in the morning. I want to be aware.  I want to know what to pray about. It often gets my adrenaline up. But lately, it also makes me anxious. I told myself I would catch up on the news later, and starting flipping through channels.

I need new batteries for my little fm radio. I was getting much static!

Then suddenly, clear music broke through.  And the lyrics gave me goosebumps.

God sends me many messages. Some through my fm radio!



 "Who You Are"
Unspoken

"I know that look you’re giving
Like you’ve got something to prove
I have walked for miles and miles
In that same pair of shoes
You refuse forgiveness
Like it’s something to be earned
Sometimes pain’s the only way
That we can learn

You can never fall
Too hard, so fast, so far
That you can’t get back
When you’re lost, where you are is never
Too late, so bad, so much
That you can’t change
Who you are, oooh
You can change, oooh

You believe in freedom
But you don’t know how to choose
Step out of your feelings
Oh, you’re so afraid to lose
Put your feet on the floor
You’ve gotta walk through the door
It’s never gonna be easy
But it’s all worth fighting for

You can never fall
Too hard, so fast, so far
That you can’t get back
When you’re lost, where you are is never
Too late, so bad, so much
That you can’t change
Who you are, oooh
You can change, oooh

So let the ashes fall even if you lost it all
So let the ashes fall wherever they land
Come back from wherever you’ve been
To the foot of the cross
To the feet of Jesus

You can never fall
Too hard, so fast, so far
That you can’t get back
When you’re lost, where you are is never
Too late, so bad, so much
That you can’t change
Who you are
You can change"

After the song was over I had a revelation:

I spend so much of my time trying to see myself through the eyes of others. I've done this most of my life. Part of my insecurity, I imagine.

And I've frankly been sad because I had a feeling the bus driver ("D") that I have a crush on, thinks I'm fat.

Ok. That sounds really stupid. But that is what has been going around in  my messed up mind.  Since the weather has been nicer, I have worn less clothes. The last time I bumped into him, I was going to the gym. I was wearing leggings and a t shirt. The t shirt was a bit snug. And as I chatted with D, I was suddenly quite aware of my belly bulge.

I obsessed on it so much, that I decided to avoid taking his bus. Until I get this belly under control.

But this morning, I got a big knock on the head from above.  I can not know what goes through someone else's head. I certainly do not even know "D"s situation.

But the only one I need to be concerned about is God. How does God see me?

I actually stopped in my tracks. And I repeated that thought.

"Not through others eyes, but through His eyes"

And I instantly felt light as a feather. I practically skipped down the road. And as I did, I recalled my favorite tv show. The one I am binge watching. "Homeland".

I had a huge crush on Damian Lewis. "Nick Brody". He was a Marine who had come back from spending 8 years as a prisoner of war.  After he had healed and was getting back in shape, they showed him in his uniform, walking down the street.

I gasped.

Not just at his manly, physical beauty. But his walk! Proud, and almost with a bounce in his step. Poetry in motion!

So today I am walking like a Marine!

Holding my head high, shoulders back, tummy TUCKED!  And I feel elevated and proud.

Another thought that has been plaguing me is that I feel like I am not giving enough to this world. I have always desired to do something important. To make a difference.

I do not know yet what this is.

After all, I am too old to enlist in the Marines!
On that note, I wish you a happy SUNNY Monday!

Talk to you tomorrow.

Make a difference!  Love beyond measure!

The pastor at my church job used my suggestion for our sign today:

"Love is an action word..."  


It is!

Love,

Zita 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Four, Day 247: What Happened in Vegas...

  Expectations can be brutal. Especially when reality dashes them against the rocky shores of our souls. How's that for an opening line? I was so excited about my recent trip to Las Vegas.  I haven't travelled anywhere in so long. I do believe I have been bit by the travel bug.  I want the freedom to go places I have never been, see things I have never seen and experience life as a stellar adventure! My kids are young adults with families of their own.  I have my role as Zma, as Teacher Zita. But I am on a quest to find Zita. She's hidden someone deep inside. Covered in layers. Like an onion. I like the onion analogy. Notice the outermost layer of an onion - dry  and papery. As you peel off layers, the inside is juicy and sweet. I have paid my dues of sacrifice, shame and self deprivation.  What I want now is to embrace the life I have remaining. Have you seen the life pie chart? I don't know where I read this, but it stuck with me.  Draw a circle.  And then divide it i