Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 123: The Greatest Commandment, or I am Woman, Hear Me Roar!



I wish I would have worn my "STRONG" t-shirt today!

I stood up for myself, and others today. In a firm, but honest, clear and kind manner.

I am now shaking like a leaf. And I would like to sit down and cry. It is hard for me to take a stand, but I will stand up for others, and for myself if I feel there is injustice.

I cannot break down and cry. I will not!

 I am at my church office job. I am an adult. I am a mother. I am a grandmother.

I am a Christian.

I am a child of God.

I am a survivor.

I will not go into details, but someone visited me in the office this morning as I was doing a rush copy job for my boss.

She burst in. I said, "Good Morning".

She did not look like she was having a good morning. I inhaled inside my head.  This person has been a thorn in my side.  I pray for her.  But she brings negativity. At least to me. I sense she does not approve of me.

I asked her how she was and she blurted out, "Frustrated".

I can't believe myself, but I calmly said, "Ok. Please hang on to your frustration for a moment. Take a deep breath. I have to finish this job for the pastor. She is picking it up in a few minutes".

My friend politely waited.

Then, I turned to her and asked, "How may I help you?"

OY. She had some complaints and grievances.

I felt my armor come up.  But I decided this would be a good time to clear the air.

I told her that what occurred was not my fault. And all parties believed they were doing the right thing.  And furthermore, sometimes she was the only person I saw all day, in church. A house of GOD. And her negativity affected me. We should of all places, treat each other kinder  here.

But I told her I wanted to help. With my boss's approval I would.

I told her I am strong. I am taking care of a newborn. And I want to bring positivity to my position.

She told me she was not mad at me. She said she was sorry. I said I was sorry too.

I understand her frustration. But I refuse to accept complaining and negativity.  Here or anywhere else.

I hope I still have my job tomorrow.

But if not, I have my integrity!

I am woman. I am strong!

I am a survivor.

But I take seriously my walk with Jesus. And "The Greatest Commandment":


Matthew 22:36-40(KJV)

Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
 This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

My faith is nothing if I just read about it the Bible, go to church, pray, but do not act on it.  

Luckily I got a good night of sleep last night. Today is my day off from baby duty.

I miss my Baby Burrito!



But in order to take care of her effectively, I have to take care of myself. So today, I will teach piano, go to the gym, practice piano, eat healthily, catch up on my Blues Piano course and go to bed early again.

I was happy that I was able to hoop this morning. Near my "prayer tree"!

I also was very happy to step on the scale and find I hadn't gained weight. 

178!


Especially after the pint of Haagen Dazs incident. 

Oh! Did I forget to tell you? When I spent the night with my daughter, her second night home from the hospital, I ate an entire pint of Haagen Dazs, Dulce De Leche Ice Cream!
Kind of ironic.  That was the night Gracie was having trouble nursing.  I also ate an entire bag of microwave popcorn.
I did not sleep well that night.  But I did learn my lesson! Back to no late night eating am I!
Sigh. Not perfect, but I keep trying!

Happy Tuesday!

Talk to you tomorrow.

Love, 

Zita






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Two, Day 248: I G T J!

I got the job! I had such a good feeling when I went into the interview. Lovely little church, really cool pastor (She preaches without her shoes! My type of woman!) I'll be the church secretary. It is very part time. But it will give me a little financial stability so I can breathe a bit! I will have to alter my morning routine. Eh hem, read that as WAKE UP EARLIER! Which I have been attempting to do since I have been writing this blog. Ok. Since I have been alive! Not a morning person, am I!  :) I am so happy. Because yesterday morning, there were so many hurdles getting to the interview, that I said, "God, I'd better get this job after all I am going through!" And He answered my prayer. Thank You, God. You are so good! But about those hurdles... First, I found out a MAX train had derailed early in the morning, which caused delays system wide.  That put a cramp in my commute, since the shortest trip to the church was to hop on Max to the mall and