Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 123: The Greatest Commandment, or I am Woman, Hear Me Roar!

I wish I would have worn my "STRONG" t-shirt today!

I stood up for myself, and others today. In a firm, but honest, clear and kind manner.

I am now shaking like a leaf. And I would like to sit down and cry. It is hard for me to take a stand, but I will stand up for others, and for myself if I feel there is injustice.

I cannot break down and cry. I will not!

 I am at my church office job. I am an adult. I am a mother. I am a grandmother.

I am a Christian.

I am a child of God.

I am a survivor.

I will not go into details, but someone visited me in the office this morning as I was doing a rush copy job for my boss.

She burst in. I said, "Good Morning".

She did not look like she was having a good morning. I inhaled inside my head.  This person has been a thorn in my side.  I pray for her.  But she brings negativity. At least to me. I sense she does not approve of me.

I asked her how she was and she blurted out, "Frustrated".

I can't believe myself, but I calmly said, "Ok. Please hang on to your frustration for a moment. Take a deep breath. I have to finish this job for the pastor. She is picking it up in a few minutes".

My friend politely waited.

Then, I turned to her and asked, "How may I help you?"

OY. She had some complaints and grievances.

I felt my armor come up.  But I decided this would be a good time to clear the air.

I told her that what occurred was not my fault. And all parties believed they were doing the right thing.  And furthermore, sometimes she was the only person I saw all day, in church. A house of GOD. And her negativity affected me. We should of all places, treat each other kinder  here.

But I told her I wanted to help. With my boss's approval I would.

I told her I am strong. I am taking care of a newborn. And I want to bring positivity to my position.

She told me she was not mad at me. She said she was sorry. I said I was sorry too.

I understand her frustration. But I refuse to accept complaining and negativity.  Here or anywhere else.

I hope I still have my job tomorrow.

But if not, I have my integrity!

I am woman. I am strong!

I am a survivor.

But I take seriously my walk with Jesus. And "The Greatest Commandment":

Matthew 22:36-40(KJV)

Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
 This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

My faith is nothing if I just read about it the Bible, go to church, pray, but do not act on it.  

Luckily I got a good night of sleep last night. Today is my day off from baby duty.

I miss my Baby Burrito!

But in order to take care of her effectively, I have to take care of myself. So today, I will teach piano, go to the gym, practice piano, eat healthily, catch up on my Blues Piano course and go to bed early again.

I was happy that I was able to hoop this morning. Near my "prayer tree"!

I also was very happy to step on the scale and find I hadn't gained weight. 


Especially after the pint of Haagen Dazs incident. 

Oh! Did I forget to tell you? When I spent the night with my daughter, her second night home from the hospital, I ate an entire pint of Haagen Dazs, Dulce De Leche Ice Cream!
Kind of ironic.  That was the night Gracie was having trouble nursing.  I also ate an entire bag of microwave popcorn.
I did not sleep well that night.  But I did learn my lesson! Back to no late night eating am I!
Sigh. Not perfect, but I keep trying!

Happy Tuesday!

Talk to you tomorrow.




Popular posts from this blog

Year Three, Day 236: Memories of Food

Well, I ALMOST got on the treadmill today!

I planned on it. I actually had a very productive morning. I woke up super early, but it was cold and I knew I would be exhausted if I actually got vertical at 4:47 a.m. So I stayed in bed and checked emails, and played a few games of Words with Friends.

I drifted off again, and finally got out of bed at 9:30.  I did my prayer, journaling, bible study and reading from my Joyce Meyer Book. (The Mind Connection). I have only one more chapter to read and I am finished with the book! At which point, I plan on going back to the beginning and rereading the whole thing. It is that good!

I did my morning hoop. It was a crisp, cold morning, but no wind. I had a good workout. Then I practiced a bit of piano and did some piano lesson planning for my students.

I had planned on grabbing a quick lunch and then hopping on the Max to the gym where I would hop on the treadmill, hop in the jacuzzi and then grab a quick shower before my students.

The bus that g…

Year Three, Day 261: The Belligerent Man, The Bus Driver, and the Woman in a Poncho

I just had a most entertaining bus ride!

I had just gotten of the Max at the Hollywood Transit Center. I was coming down the steps, when I saw the #75 to Milwaukie entering the parking lot. That was my transfer bus!  I didn't want to miss it, because at this time of day, it might be a 20 minute wait until the next one.

I had just come from a lovely sushi lunch with  my daughter and Baby Gracie at Cascades Station.

The plan was for me to teach my piano students and then return to Vancouver tonight. My daughter has much work to do at home and we all know that working at home with a 5 month old baby is a bit of an oxymoron!

Anyway, I hurried down the stairs, being very mindful. The steps were slippery in the Portland drizzle. Slipping and falling would kind of put a cramp in my day.

I slowed down when I noticed there was a long line of passengers waiting to board. At the end of the line was an older, distinguished looking gentleman.  He was wearing a long overcoat and hat.  He nodded…

Year Four, Day 31: Sleep Business

I did it! I survived my sleep study.
It was quite intense. I think my expectations were a bit skewed. I was envisioning more like a mini retreat.  
It was all business. Sleep business.
And the minute the lights went out and the door shut behind the sleep technician as she whispered, "good night", I went into full panic mode.
Luckily I was really tired.  She had asked if I wanted to watch a bit of television before I fell asleep. But I declined. I knew to take advantage of the heavy lidded, dull brained feeling I had when I was really sleepy. Television might wake up my brain.
As she was attaching my electrodes, I watched a show on Animal Planet called "Lone Star Law", about Texas game wardens. I was hooked!  It was fascinating. I rarely watch tv, and we don't have cable at home, thankfully.  But this show drew me in. In retrospect, I should have continued to watch it until I fell asleep.
Something about being hooked up, tucked in, lights off, door closing, fel…