Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 129: A Sign!


Perhaps this should read: "Peace is possible. It starts with you, Zita!" :)

So...I guess when you ask God to give you a sign, He delivers!

It didn't dawn on me until after my friend "J, the Sign Ninja" messaged me this picture!  
I believe that God is telling me to look at my behavior, my thoughts my actions.   Especially my thoughts. I admit, they are not always peaceful. I tend to dwell on hurtful words received from others. And, ehem sometimes think of possible even more hurtful words to hurl back! Quite often peppered with choice curse words too foul to write in this here blog!

My bad.

My friend "J", aka the Sign Ninja is still healing from a bad bicycle accident. He still walks on a cane. He is our sign volunteer. He comes every Monday, takes down the old letters, retrieves the new message from our pastor and puts up the new letters. 

But since his injury, I have taken over. It is a brutal job! The letters do not come out or go in easily in the little slots. My poor piano fingers take a beating.  So I was glad to see him back. But I wouldn't let him do the sign alone. He is still in pain. And it was pouring down rain!  We did the sign together. Me holding up an umbrella.  It was quite fun working as a team. J, the Sign Ninja has become one of my favorite people at this church. Such a big heart. And he is an ex-marine. If anyone tries to mess with me on his watch, I feel safe.

So we put the sign up together and then he took the above picture. We finished right before the thunder and lightening!  

Again, I really think God is trying to get my attention. Sometimes he has to practically beat me over the head!

After my odd, discontented day yesterday at my regular church, I did some soul searching. Then my daughter sent me some new pictures of the Baby Burrito. My heart about burst out of my chest! I missed her so much it hurt!

Then it dawned on me. I can go to Vancouver Saturday night after my long day of teaching. I can spend the night with my daughter, son-in-law and the burrito. And go to church with them. They go to a big, lively spirit-filled church in Vancouver. I've been to a few services. I love the praise band and the message.  

I really enjoyed the in-depth bible study at my little bible church, but I feel called to be with my family.  My daughter was overjoyed when I told her my idea. She said we can all go to church together, and if Baby Grace is fussy, I can sit with her in the family room. They have speakers in there, piping in the service. So I won't miss a thing!

I told her that I would gladly miss service to hold my Baby Burrito!

Thank you, God!

I sure need a lot of help figuring things out today!

And now, the rain has stopped. The sun is shining. The air smells fresh. I love a good rain. It cleans the air and makes everything green.

But I must close and head out. I have been wheezing and coughing again. My Prednisone prescription awaits me. And I think today is a good day for Pho! Pho sure!

Happy Monday!
Talk to you tomorrow!

Love,

Zita

p.s. I hooped in the rain today! I was a smart woman, and covered my phone in a plastic sandwich bag.  Nothing is going to keep me from my hoop!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Two, Day 248: I G T J!

I got the job! I had such a good feeling when I went into the interview. Lovely little church, really cool pastor (She preaches without her shoes! My type of woman!) I'll be the church secretary. It is very part time. But it will give me a little financial stability so I can breathe a bit! I will have to alter my morning routine. Eh hem, read that as WAKE UP EARLIER! Which I have been attempting to do since I have been writing this blog. Ok. Since I have been alive! Not a morning person, am I!  :) I am so happy. Because yesterday morning, there were so many hurdles getting to the interview, that I said, "God, I'd better get this job after all I am going through!" And He answered my prayer. Thank You, God. You are so good! But about those hurdles... First, I found out a MAX train had derailed early in the morning, which caused delays system wide.  That put a cramp in my commute, since the shortest trip to the church was to hop on Max to the mall and