Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 249: The Citrus Defender

I skipped the gym today.  I will start with my weight training tomorrow.

I am feeling most sluggish today.  I spent the morning doing laundry, listening to a lecture for my online classical musical class, and stretching. I had a nice hoop session.

I am doing very well with my food for fuel eating plan.  I had grits for breakfast, with a few black olives on top. And green tea. For lunch, I hopped on the bus for my new favorite little Chinese lunch joint.  Hong Kong 97 Restaurant on SE King and Linwood. Near the Wichita Pub.  They have cheap lunch specials. And I can eat relatively healthy.  I had egg flower soup, steamed rice, black bean chicken, and barbecue pork. For $7.50! :)

Plus the servers are super sweet. They don't mind if I hang out and do my reading afterwards. They even bring me more water and tea!

Instead of the gym, I headed to the  mall and got a 20  minute chair massage.  It was worth it. I still feel sluggish, but very relaxed.

I am focusing on being very present in the moment.  When I eat, I chew each bite 20-30 times, thoughtfully.  I do admit that I like to read recipes while I eat, but I save my bible study and reading for after the meal. Today I was reading about Hildegard of Bingen. Fascinating woman.

Now I am at the library, about to head out to teach piano students. I stopped at the corner Starbucks, and picked up my new drink of choice:

The "Citrus Defender".  Which is essentially "Defense" tea with hot lemonade and honey. I choose only one pack of honey.  It is quite comforting.

I am absolutely not hungry after my big lunch.  I think eating my biggest meal at lunch works well for me. I'll probably much on some nuts and dried fruit for dinner. And more tea.

But now, I have a bus to catch.

Talk to you tomorrow!



P.S. Here is today's hooping video.  Day 211! :) 


Popular posts from this blog

Year Three, Day 236: Memories of Food

Well, I ALMOST got on the treadmill today!

I planned on it. I actually had a very productive morning. I woke up super early, but it was cold and I knew I would be exhausted if I actually got vertical at 4:47 a.m. So I stayed in bed and checked emails, and played a few games of Words with Friends.

I drifted off again, and finally got out of bed at 9:30.  I did my prayer, journaling, bible study and reading from my Joyce Meyer Book. (The Mind Connection). I have only one more chapter to read and I am finished with the book! At which point, I plan on going back to the beginning and rereading the whole thing. It is that good!

I did my morning hoop. It was a crisp, cold morning, but no wind. I had a good workout. Then I practiced a bit of piano and did some piano lesson planning for my students.

I had planned on grabbing a quick lunch and then hopping on the Max to the gym where I would hop on the treadmill, hop in the jacuzzi and then grab a quick shower before my students.

The bus that g…

Year Three, Day 261: The Belligerent Man, The Bus Driver, and the Woman in a Poncho

I just had a most entertaining bus ride!

I had just gotten of the Max at the Hollywood Transit Center. I was coming down the steps, when I saw the #75 to Milwaukie entering the parking lot. That was my transfer bus!  I didn't want to miss it, because at this time of day, it might be a 20 minute wait until the next one.

I had just come from a lovely sushi lunch with  my daughter and Baby Gracie at Cascades Station.

The plan was for me to teach my piano students and then return to Vancouver tonight. My daughter has much work to do at home and we all know that working at home with a 5 month old baby is a bit of an oxymoron!

Anyway, I hurried down the stairs, being very mindful. The steps were slippery in the Portland drizzle. Slipping and falling would kind of put a cramp in my day.

I slowed down when I noticed there was a long line of passengers waiting to board. At the end of the line was an older, distinguished looking gentleman.  He was wearing a long overcoat and hat.  He nodded…

Year Four, Day 31: Sleep Business

I did it! I survived my sleep study.
It was quite intense. I think my expectations were a bit skewed. I was envisioning more like a mini retreat.  
It was all business. Sleep business.
And the minute the lights went out and the door shut behind the sleep technician as she whispered, "good night", I went into full panic mode.
Luckily I was really tired.  She had asked if I wanted to watch a bit of television before I fell asleep. But I declined. I knew to take advantage of the heavy lidded, dull brained feeling I had when I was really sleepy. Television might wake up my brain.
As she was attaching my electrodes, I watched a show on Animal Planet called "Lone Star Law", about Texas game wardens. I was hooked!  It was fascinating. I rarely watch tv, and we don't have cable at home, thankfully.  But this show drew me in. In retrospect, I should have continued to watch it until I fell asleep.
Something about being hooked up, tucked in, lights off, door closing, fel…