Skip to main content

Day 221: Attack of the Chicken Nachos

Tired and sore today.  Decide to make this my sleeping in morning. Played in a wonderful concert last night with the choir. The same program we did on Saturday.  I was so hungry afterwards and had not packed a meal, so I took myself out to dinner.  Celebratory food has been a big part of my life. And I enjoyed it. I went to Pollo Rey on Hawthorne. I had a small chicken nachos and a margarita.  At 8:30 p.m. Past my new normal cut off time.

But it was a celebration! Interestingly enough, that one drink knocked my socks off! I floated home on the bus, unable to worry or think about anything other than one foot in front of the other. Good thing I do not drive.

I said hello to my clan and headed straight to bed.  Honey Dawg followed me.

I slept like a log until 6 a.m. I briefly contemplated Mass. but it is raining again. And quite cold. And I hurt all over. So I had a glass of warm water and crawled back under the covers. Honey Dawg was snoring in her kennel.

I did grab my Kindle and check the news. Thankfully, no new terrorist attacks. At least in our country.  But I said a prayer for the whole world before I dropped back off to sleep.

It is now 10:45 a.m. I am about to run out the door for a quick workout.  I am planning on doing more fresh fruits, veggies and lean protein to make up for my nachos and margarita attack last night.

I am sipping on herbal tea. I combined lemon and mint. It's wonderful!

I will do my stats tomorrow.  I am getting motivated to move that scale again.

Happy Wednesday! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...