Skip to main content

Day 284: What Wondrous Love is This




My son drove to Reno with his uncle and cousin last night.  I must have been holding my breath. Because when I talked to him this morning on the phone and he told me they made it safely and were off to a breakfast of steak and eggs, I exhaled. Loudly.

He told me he would send pictures. I told him to have fun and be safe.  And I said a prayer.

We never stop worrying about our kids do we?  He is 23.  So I have been worrying about him for 23 years. My daughter is 25.  She is married now.  I feel that she has someone to look out for her. But then when my son is safe, I worry that I am not worrying about her! And then I worry about my son-in-law, and the rest of my family.

But I have decided to give my anxiety to God. He is bigger than all my trouble.

I am still glowing from the music of yesterday.  After our performance at the music club, I taught students and then had choir practice.  The choir I accompany is working on the Mozart Requiem.

So my day was bookended with sublime music.  And I was quite focused. I think I am getting better at releasing my worries to God so that I can stay present.

After all, music is a very in the moment activity.  Must stay present and focused! I try to lose myself, and imagine that I am just a vessel which the music flows through.

Today I am going to Salem to have Indian food. Umm...well, really I am going to Salem to teach. But I look forward to my Indian buffet lunch!





My hymn of the day is "What Wondrous Love is This". I am going out of order in my hymn book. But I was flipping through, and this one fits my soul today.

What Wondrous Love is This
Words: Anonymous
Music: "WONDROUS LOVE" from William Walker's Southern Harmony, 1836
1 What wondrous love is this, O my soul, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this, O my soul!
What wondrous love is this that caused the Lord of bliss
to bear the dreadful curse for my soul, for my soul,
to bear the dreadful curse for my soul?
2 When I was sinking down, sinking down, sinking down,
when I was sinking down, sinking down;
when I was sinking down beneath God's righteous frown,
Christ laid aside his crown for my soul, for my soul,
Christ laid aside his crown for my soul.
3 To God and to the Lamb, I will sing, I will sing,
to God and to the Lamb, I will sing;
to God and to the Lamb who is the great I AM -
while millions join the theme, I will sing, I will sing;
while millions join the theme, I will sing.
4 And when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on,
and when from death I’m free, I’ll sing on;
and when from death I’m free, I’ll sing and joyful be,
and through eternity, I’ll sing on, I’ll sing on,
and through eternity I’ll sing on.

Happy Wednesday!

http://bit.ly/1oqUozy

Comments