Skip to main content

Day 345: I Love My Asics!


My new shoes! :)


My old Nikes were falling apart.  And I am feeling the need for more rewards, so I bought myself a new pair of workout shoes yesterday.  I tried on some Nikes, but the ones I liked did not come in wide. So I talked to the young man at Famous Footwear. He recommended Asics.  And they were on sale!

Even more motivation to keep on trekking to the gym daily! 

On the Max, heading to the gym. Notice my water cup!


They are so comfortable and colorful! And the friendly shoe salesman told me about the "extra loop" for the shoelaces. It provides ankle support.  Like! :)

I had a wonderful workout today. Spent it all on the eliptical.  Unfortunately I forgot my bathing suit, so I did not do the sauna. But hey, it is supposed to be 90 degrees here in Portland today! I can just sit in the sun!

Enjoying the sun after my workout

It's been a few days since I have studied a psalm. I woke up early again this morning and sat at the kitchen table with the sliding glass door open. The gentle breeze and the sounds of the birdsongs made a very peaceful morning. I had a lovely banana/berry/psyllium/almond milk smoothie and had some prayer time. Then I opened my Beth Moore book, Breaking Free. I am nearly done. It is an extraordinary book. I am looking forward to actually reading it again, slowly and answering the study questions.

But today my arms broke out in goosebumps when I opened the chapter, "The Fruit of Unfailing Love".  She  quoted Psalm 32, my psalm of the day! I had just read it earlier!  I feel like God is talking directly to me today.  I have often felt unloved and unlovable. Most of my life.  It is something I am working on.

This chapter really speaks to me.  I wrote down the following prayer that Beth Moore suggests for those of us seeking to clear this hurdle:

"I may not feel loved or lovable, but Your Word says You love me so much that You gave your son for me. I don't know why I continue to feel unloved, but at this moment I choose to believe the truth of Your Word. I rebuke the enemy's attempt to make me doubt Your love. I also pray for forgiveness for the sin of unbelief. Help me overcome my unbelief". (Beth Moore, Breaking Free, p. 216)

Psalm 32



(A Psalm of David, Maschil.) Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.

For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.

Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.

Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.

Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.

This psalm deserves more then just a read through. I am going to ponder it for the next several days. I read a bit of commentary on it regarding the freedom of releasing guilt and confessing sins. I also looked up the word "maschil" which basically means instruction.

More on this later. I am at the library, on a break. I still have students to teach, dinner to eat and family time to look forward to.

Tomorrow I am performing with two violins at a music club meeting.

Oh, and I have decided to buy some good charcoal pencils and a drawing pad.  One of my student's grandmas was waiting on the porch for her while she had her lesson. She was drawing.

It reminded me of summer days from my youth.

Yes, it feels like summer here in Portland. In April!

But when I was young, besides sitting under a tree with a book, or climbing a tree with my brother and friends, my favorite past time was sitting outside with a pad of paper and pencils, drawing.

Sweet memories those are.

On that note, happy Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year Four, Day 328: Success at Last!! This is What I Do

Hello My Long Lost Friends! Or, perhaps it was I who was lost? And now I think I am beginning to find myself!  Under layers of fat, and self loathing!  How's that for an opening line!  Or perhaps the title of a novel:  Layers of Fat and Self-Loathing! Today I stepped on the scale.  I am weighing myself every morning these days. I was shocked! I told my partner the scale must be broken!  Yesterday I weight 186. Today 185! I have been on a strict intermittent fast for the past 10 weeks. I have officially lost 12 pounds!  And the best news is I think I not only can stick to this way of eating, I am actually beginning to really enjoy it!  And look how far I've come! I've been writing since May 12, 2015.  Over 8 years now!  I know this blog post says Year Four, Day 328, but there have been many pauses in blogging. For instance, when I am not pleased with progress or simply have no words! I was 53 when I first began blogging. I am now 61. I honestly feel better than I did 8 years

Year Four, Day 335: "Crisis Fatigue"

Hello Friends! I have missed you! I have been so utterly exhausted and downright depressed, that I couldn't summon enough energy to even lift my fingers to this computer keyboard to write.  Apparently there is a mental disorder for people going through crises.  Crises such as pandemics, systemic racism, political division, unemployment, police brutality, civil unrest.... It's called "crisis fatigue". When humans are presented with a threat, adrenaline is released to give us quick energy. This is called the "fight or flight syndrome". But when threats are overwhelming, and perceivably continuous, like this year, it overwhelms the system. People can feel numb, depressed, anxious and irritable. Yup. That's me.  I guess I'm quite normal after all! I found an interesting article that describes crisis fatigue, especially in relation to current events.  But it doesn't really address how to take care of ourselves during these unsettling times!

Year Four, Day 247: What Happened in Vegas...

  Expectations can be brutal. Especially when reality dashes them against the rocky shores of our souls. How's that for an opening line? I was so excited about my recent trip to Las Vegas.  I haven't travelled anywhere in so long. I do believe I have been bit by the travel bug.  I want the freedom to go places I have never been, see things I have never seen and experience life as a stellar adventure! My kids are young adults with families of their own.  I have my role as Zma, as Teacher Zita. But I am on a quest to find Zita. She's hidden someone deep inside. Covered in layers. Like an onion. I like the onion analogy. Notice the outermost layer of an onion - dry  and papery. As you peel off layers, the inside is juicy and sweet. I have paid my dues of sacrifice, shame and self deprivation.  What I want now is to embrace the life I have remaining. Have you seen the life pie chart? I don't know where I read this, but it stuck with me.  Draw a circle.  And then divide it i