Skip to main content

Day 335: The Winds of Change

Mini breakfast bowl and iced coffee- Taco Bell

I almost went to bed without blogging today!  I am so glad I came to my senses.

Today was an odd day. There was a different vibe in the air.  Weather changed again. Yesterday was actually hot. Today, overcast, and about 10 degrees cooler. It felt quite humid though.

I was early for mass this morning, so I stopped at Taco Bell for an iced coffee and made a fantastic discovery - a mini breakfast bowl! Gluten free!  $1.00!  It was more like a  miniscule breakfast bowl. Very small. But perfect for my almost nonexistent morning appetite.

I taught piano classes, had lunch with my mom, taught private students and then had a chamber music rehearsal.

But all day I felt a bit off.  Like I was not quite myself.  I had a nice walk this morning to the bus stop.  But I think that was part of the problem. I did not have enough exercise.

Starting tomorrow I am aiming for one hour, five days a week of moderate exercise. Plus 30 minutes 3 days a week of strength training.

There, I have said it!

I bought a new planning notebook yesterday.

Old school.

Real paper.

With appointment times every 30 minutes from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day.  I only wish it started at 6 a.m. But I sat down last night and planned out my time. Set some new goals.

I am committed to rising by 6 a.m. every day. Otherwise the day gets away from me and I feel guilty.  I need to rise early, do my prayer, bible study and cleaning.  Then my one hour workout. And I need to practice piano at least one hour a day, preferably two.

I am not getting any younger!

Speaking of which, I need to hit the sack. I wonder where that expression came  from? Bed. Need bed. Early to bed, early to rise...Tomorrow I am playing again for the Catholic church that is interviewing me.

I am still pondering psalm 27, my theme psalm.

Happy Saturday!! :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 347: My Big Fat Greek Salad!!

I have perfected the art of making a Greek salad!  I have made two huge bowls in the last week. My kinds rave. Essentially the secret is f vegetables , good feta cheese, Greek olives and a homemade dressing made with light, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar,  and oregano. Here is my recipe: MY BIG FAT GREEK SALAD Serves 4 hungry adults 4 cups greens (I used a "spring mix" from Fred Meyer) 2 cucumbers 6 roma tomatoes one small red onion 1 cup cubed feta cheese 1 cup Greek olives (pitted) Get out a big bowl. Peel a clove of garlic, cut in half and rub it over the interior of the bowl.  Wash the lettuce if it is not prewashed and packaged like mine was.  Dry the leaves, and tear into bite sized pieces. Throw into the big bowl. Note: Romaine lettuce is good to include in the mix, because it is hearty. Peel the cucumbers and dice. Add to bowl. Cut the roma tomatoes in half and squeeze out the seeds (otherwise they make th...

Year Two, Day 307: Chasing Away The Gloomy Weather...with Music and a Smile! :)

It seems to me that most of the city is depressed, tired and sick. I still have my low grade snuffly nose, along with sneezing, and itching eyes.  Low energy. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Misery loves company, don't you know! Even through the gloom, I had an enjoyable day.  I told myself several times that I really am a lucky woman. My kids are grown, I'm going to be a GRANDMA, and I love my work. My church job is a nice secure little job and it seems I am quite needed there.  I am still learning the ropes. But I am enjoying it. Meeting new people. And best of all, I have only a 1 1/2 minute commute (by foot!). I have a cozy little room in a household full of wonderful laid back people.  People who love animals and music. But best of all, my afternoons are filled with music. I basically get on the bus and travel about town, sitting at pianos, visiting with students, who are like my family. We talk. They play the piano for me. I offer pointe...

Year Two, Day 50: Mindful Biking

More breaking ground today. I rode my bike to the Max, and then to my first student, who coincidentally lives close to my gym.  Maggie waiting patiently for me at the gym, 6/28/2016 I am starting to notice positive changes from my daily biking.  First of all, I feel such a sense of freedom and exhiliration when I hop on and take off.  It reminds me of my childhood. My brother and I rode all over Vancouver, WA on summer break.  It was my first experience of independence from a rather harsh father.  Back then we didn't wear helmets. And there were many hills. I will never forget the joy of coasting down a hill with the wind in my hair. I have hints of the feeling now. I also have noticed my energy is higher. And although I am sore (cycling uses muscles that I have not worked in awhile), I am getting stronger. Feeling strong! Cycling is also good for my mind. I find myself going through routes in my head. I am hoping to add more routes to my day...