Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 209: No News is Good News...

At least that's what I've always been told!

I have not yet heard about the results from my x-ray. But the technician said it will be 1-2 days. Most impatient am I!

I woke up all congested again.  And coughing a bit. Oy.  I took my meds. Drank vitamin C powder mixed with water and a plethora of black tea with lemon, honey and the "citron tea" I bought at the Chinese grocery store last week.

Still stuffed up.  But my knee no longer hurts.

I am beginning to wonder if I am a hypchondriac?

Other than my health woes, I feel good. It is a glorious, crisp, cold, but amazing December day here in Portland, Oregon. The sky is clear and a brilliant blue.

I have an afternoon of students. Most of whom all live in the same neighborhood. All of whom are boys.  I love my Thursday schedule. I start at one home, walk across the street to teach two brothers, walk three houses down to teach a brand new beginner, then end up at the house I started with. 

I usually walk about with my mug  of tea. The grandma of my last student always brews me a fresh cup.  I feel most spoiled!

After teaching, I am hopping on the Max to Cascades Station. I will probably sit with some more tea and a book before taking Lyft over the bridge to see Babie Gracie! I can't wait. I haven't seen her since Monday. Of course, my daughter sends me daily updates. Lately when she is fussy, my daughter video chats with me so I can sing to my sweet grandbaby.

I do love being a grandma.

Perhaps this is why I am so committed to getting healthy. Soon she will be rolling over, climbing, sitting up, crawling, and...acck!...walking. I need to be able to keep up!

But now, I need to head out to my first student.

Talk to you tomorrow!



P.S. Here is today's hooping video. Day 172!


Popular posts from this blog

Year Three, Day 236: Memories of Food

Well, I ALMOST got on the treadmill today!

I planned on it. I actually had a very productive morning. I woke up super early, but it was cold and I knew I would be exhausted if I actually got vertical at 4:47 a.m. So I stayed in bed and checked emails, and played a few games of Words with Friends.

I drifted off again, and finally got out of bed at 9:30.  I did my prayer, journaling, bible study and reading from my Joyce Meyer Book. (The Mind Connection). I have only one more chapter to read and I am finished with the book! At which point, I plan on going back to the beginning and rereading the whole thing. It is that good!

I did my morning hoop. It was a crisp, cold morning, but no wind. I had a good workout. Then I practiced a bit of piano and did some piano lesson planning for my students.

I had planned on grabbing a quick lunch and then hopping on the Max to the gym where I would hop on the treadmill, hop in the jacuzzi and then grab a quick shower before my students.

The bus that g…

Year Three, Day 261: The Belligerent Man, The Bus Driver, and the Woman in a Poncho

I just had a most entertaining bus ride!

I had just gotten of the Max at the Hollywood Transit Center. I was coming down the steps, when I saw the #75 to Milwaukie entering the parking lot. That was my transfer bus!  I didn't want to miss it, because at this time of day, it might be a 20 minute wait until the next one.

I had just come from a lovely sushi lunch with  my daughter and Baby Gracie at Cascades Station.

The plan was for me to teach my piano students and then return to Vancouver tonight. My daughter has much work to do at home and we all know that working at home with a 5 month old baby is a bit of an oxymoron!

Anyway, I hurried down the stairs, being very mindful. The steps were slippery in the Portland drizzle. Slipping and falling would kind of put a cramp in my day.

I slowed down when I noticed there was a long line of passengers waiting to board. At the end of the line was an older, distinguished looking gentleman.  He was wearing a long overcoat and hat.  He nodded…

Year Four, Day 31: Sleep Business

I did it! I survived my sleep study.
It was quite intense. I think my expectations were a bit skewed. I was envisioning more like a mini retreat.  
It was all business. Sleep business.
And the minute the lights went out and the door shut behind the sleep technician as she whispered, "good night", I went into full panic mode.
Luckily I was really tired.  She had asked if I wanted to watch a bit of television before I fell asleep. But I declined. I knew to take advantage of the heavy lidded, dull brained feeling I had when I was really sleepy. Television might wake up my brain.
As she was attaching my electrodes, I watched a show on Animal Planet called "Lone Star Law", about Texas game wardens. I was hooked!  It was fascinating. I rarely watch tv, and we don't have cable at home, thankfully.  But this show drew me in. In retrospect, I should have continued to watch it until I fell asleep.
Something about being hooked up, tucked in, lights off, door closing, fel…