Skip to main content

Year Three, Day 213 and Day 214: Chai Tea Memories

I was going to blog last night when I got home. I started to, but then fell right to sleep! So I am blogging for yesterday and today right now!

It will be short. I need to go get in a hot tub soak and steam room experience before I teach. My cough and congestion is back. With vengeance!

I called my nurse practitioner. The receptionist told me they just received the results of my x-ray. He will consult with her to see if I need an appointment. I told him I was busy this week, but next week I am off and can come in. I also told him that the antibiotics worked pretty well the first few days, but I completed my course Friday and now my symptoms have returned. I asked him if he could ask her if I could get a refill of my Azithromycin to hold me over until I see her again?

They will call me later today.

On the way to the library today, I stopped at Starbucks. I felt the need for a Chai tea.  I got a "lightly sweetened Chai with almond milk". It is lovely!

And as I sat, sipping the light sweetness, with a slight spicy after taste at the bus stop, I had a flashback. Years ago I taught two sweet girls. Their parents were from India. They dad had recently suffered a massive heart attack and could not work. They would trade me homemade Indian food for piano lessons. Wonderful students! Sweet family. Fantastic food! And better yet, the dad would always bring me a mug of freshly brewed Chai tea. He commented that it would help my cough.

This was many years ago that I started teaching them. At least 10.  The oldest is now in med school back east.

So this cough has been around for awhile!

I should start charging it rent.

I wanted to tell you more about my student recital. It was such an incredible experience. Interestingly enough, I did not cough the whole evening.

So if indeed my chest x-ray is negative, I believe that there is an emotional component. I am going to try acupuncture and Tai Chi next!

But now, I must run.

Talk to you tomorrow!



P.S. Here are days 176 and 177 of my daily hooping!  The weather is simply gorgeous, even if it is chilly!


Popular posts from this blog

Year Three, Day 236: Memories of Food

Well, I ALMOST got on the treadmill today!

I planned on it. I actually had a very productive morning. I woke up super early, but it was cold and I knew I would be exhausted if I actually got vertical at 4:47 a.m. So I stayed in bed and checked emails, and played a few games of Words with Friends.

I drifted off again, and finally got out of bed at 9:30.  I did my prayer, journaling, bible study and reading from my Joyce Meyer Book. (The Mind Connection). I have only one more chapter to read and I am finished with the book! At which point, I plan on going back to the beginning and rereading the whole thing. It is that good!

I did my morning hoop. It was a crisp, cold morning, but no wind. I had a good workout. Then I practiced a bit of piano and did some piano lesson planning for my students.

I had planned on grabbing a quick lunch and then hopping on the Max to the gym where I would hop on the treadmill, hop in the jacuzzi and then grab a quick shower before my students.

The bus that g…

Year Three, Day 261: The Belligerent Man, The Bus Driver, and the Woman in a Poncho

I just had a most entertaining bus ride!

I had just gotten of the Max at the Hollywood Transit Center. I was coming down the steps, when I saw the #75 to Milwaukie entering the parking lot. That was my transfer bus!  I didn't want to miss it, because at this time of day, it might be a 20 minute wait until the next one.

I had just come from a lovely sushi lunch with  my daughter and Baby Gracie at Cascades Station.

The plan was for me to teach my piano students and then return to Vancouver tonight. My daughter has much work to do at home and we all know that working at home with a 5 month old baby is a bit of an oxymoron!

Anyway, I hurried down the stairs, being very mindful. The steps were slippery in the Portland drizzle. Slipping and falling would kind of put a cramp in my day.

I slowed down when I noticed there was a long line of passengers waiting to board. At the end of the line was an older, distinguished looking gentleman.  He was wearing a long overcoat and hat.  He nodded…

Year Four, Day 31: Sleep Business

I did it! I survived my sleep study.
It was quite intense. I think my expectations were a bit skewed. I was envisioning more like a mini retreat.  
It was all business. Sleep business.
And the minute the lights went out and the door shut behind the sleep technician as she whispered, "good night", I went into full panic mode.
Luckily I was really tired.  She had asked if I wanted to watch a bit of television before I fell asleep. But I declined. I knew to take advantage of the heavy lidded, dull brained feeling I had when I was really sleepy. Television might wake up my brain.
As she was attaching my electrodes, I watched a show on Animal Planet called "Lone Star Law", about Texas game wardens. I was hooked!  It was fascinating. I rarely watch tv, and we don't have cable at home, thankfully.  But this show drew me in. In retrospect, I should have continued to watch it until I fell asleep.
Something about being hooked up, tucked in, lights off, door closing, fel…